Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar Application Error - ACT 9.0

Calendar Application Error - ACT 9.0

I am using ACT 2007 9.0.1 (it tells me it's up to date).  I have just started experiencing an "Application Error" when I try to access the calendar.  It prompts me to shutdown ACT.  I have tried the software using three different databases to check for corruption and they all draw the same error.  I have heard this error is related to the DST to CST time change.  I need a fix pronto.  Anybody got an idea?!

I'll do an uninstall/reinstall, but I'm not sure that's gonna fix the problem.

Thanks.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Calendar Application Error - ACT 9.0

Now that is strange. It may be that there is a problem with your preferences so you could try the following

Go to Start RUN

type in %appdata% and then click OK or ENTER

Provided ACT is closed rename the ACT folder to say olderACT

Close this window and restart

This will effectively remove all of your preferences and when you start ACT again yes you might have to redo them but if it does not work you can go back and raname the folder

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I worked on this further before I heard from you and I played with different times and dates on the Windows clock to trick ACT into opening.  I was able to back my Date and Time up by one week and finally got ACT to open the calendar.  No database trouble.  Just ACT struggling with the change from DST to Standard Time.  Since I entered Standard Time today.  I was able to move the Date and Time back to the real settings, and opened ACT with success.  It seems a bother.

Thanks for the advice, though.

I just had the same problem with ACT 11.0.  The application encounters an error and instructs shut down when the system date is set to August 1, 2009, today.  Changing the system date to July 31 or August 2 allows the calendar to open.  Any idea why this happens?

I just noted something interesting about this issue.  November 1, 2008 and August 1, 2009 are Saturdays.  May 1, 2010 will be the next Saturday on the first of the month; they don't happen often.  Could the problem be related to Saturdays on the first of the month?