Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calculated Age Field not working for a single contact record...

Copper Contributor

Calculated Age Field not working for a single contact record...

Windows 7 Pro SP1

Act! Premium Version 16.1.207.0, Hot Fix 1

I have a number of fields that calculate age based on a date field, using the new calculated fields function in v16. There are two fields in three contact records - out of over 2,500 - that will not produce a value. The calculated field is simply blank. I

1. I've tried removing the data, save, then reenter the date.
  2. Tried using the calendar function to enter the date.   
  3. Tried data maintenance check & repair.

Nothing...

Any ideas?

Re: Calculated Age Field not working for a single contact record...

Windows 7 Pro SP1 

Act! Pro Version 16.1.207.0

We have the same issue - it's not just with date fields. We have a currency field that is referenced from a calculated field and it doesn't work at all.

It works for existing contact records however, but when you create a new record and trigger the calculation via a save, it just doesn't work.

This is obviously a bug- have you had anyone from Act contact you about when it will be fixed?

Copper Contributor

I've not contacted ACT support. I thought I would see if anyone else has been effected first. 

Removing the effected fields from teh database and then creating new ones was what ended up working for me. That shouldn't be necessary though.

...rd

We found that filling in certain fields that weren't even referenced from the calculated field meant that the calculation was triggered.

All in all a bit flaky!