Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CUSTOM LABEL NOT DISPLAYING ON CONTACT LAYOUT

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

CUSTOM LABEL NOT DISPLAYING ON CONTACT LAYOUT

I currently am using Act 2009 Ver. 11.1.183.0.  I have been using Act for many years and customized the "User" fields with my pertinent information.  This information has transferred over to my new version and all of the data is there.  The problem is that the User #1-10 labels have not changed to the custom label information they still show "User 1, User 2, etc.  When I open up Design Layout Contact and go to the User Tab, the custom information I put into the field is in the drop down box, but the label is User 1.  Example:  I identified User 1 as "Units".  In the Design layout, the Label is User 1 and Units is displayed in the drop down field box.  When I highlight the label User 1 and try to type in a new label, it will not accept any change.  On my contact screen under the user tab, User 1 is displayed as the label and the number of units for that particular contact is displayed in the field box.  This indicates to me that the data transferred over from my 2007 database but the labels are just not changing.  Any suggestions why this might be happening?  Thanks.

Sue

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sbrell
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: CUSTOM LABEL NOT DISPLAYING ON CONTACT LAYOUT

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your input.  I went back into the Design Layout and clicked on the field label.  The label was highlighted by a box around it.  When I tried to type in the box, nothing happened.  What I did not realize is that I actually had to highlight the words "User 1" to change the label.  After I highlighted the words, I was able to change the label.  So it now works.  Thanks for your help.

Sue

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Elite Contributor

Sue,

while the Field Name is changed the Field Label is not automatically changed. You can change it from the Design Layout feature.

If it is not saving changes you make, check if you have the correct permissions on that folder, or try adding a new text box to replace the label.

Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sbrell
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your input.  I went back into the Design Layout and clicked on the field label.  The label was highlighted by a box around it.  When I tried to type in the box, nothing happened.  What I did not realize is that I actually had to highlight the words "User 1" to change the label.  After I highlighted the words, I was able to change the label.  So it now works.  Thanks for your help.

Sue