Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CTRL+C and CTRL+V don't work in ACT 2012 in many places they should

CTRL+C and CTRL+V don't work in ACT 2012 in many places they should

We upgraded from Act 6.03 to Act 2012 Pro. In the list view, we often used CTRL+C and CTRL+V to copy one bit of information to Multiple fields, one field at a time.   Support Ticket 800 172 9911. You can copy/ paste wih the mouse, but the keyboard shortcuts don't work.

Even more frustrating... In Act 6.0, one could highlight contacts in the list view, then CTRL+C to copy any number of contacts. Then open an Email and CTRL+V and paste the contact information into the email. or Word Document.  That function no longer exist.

We are a general contractor and often I want to send information to a supplier about subs that are bidding a project,. For example, I want to send an electrical fixture manufacturer a list of all the electrical Contractors I have biddiing a project so the Manufacturer can send his quote to all the electrcal contractors that are putting a price together.. This used to be a snap, now it is impossible. It is frustrating when one realizes that with the new purchase, the most basic Windows functions, functions that existed since Windows 3.0  are rendered un- usable. 

When I investigated the upgrade for our company, I never thought to ask If CTRL+C and CTRL+V would still work in the new product. One just assumes that existing, fundumental capabilities, would  remain intact.

How dumb am I?

Tom Bannon

Re: CTRL+C and CTRL+V don't work in ACT 2012 in many places they should

I to have the same problem. I miss this shortcut. Has anyone given a solution to this? is it just a setting somewhere that I missed after the upgrade

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello monserie,
What is the exact version of ACT! are you using (from Help > About ACT!)? Also, what specific information are you unable to use the keyboard commands to cut/copy/paste, and where are you pasting it to? In the current version (ACT! 2013) you are able to use the keyboard to copy/paste contact info from the contact list to a document or email.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am using Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.0.572.0

And from the list view I used to be able to ctl+c and then Ctrl =v into a doc and into a doc.

The information it copied was company name, contact, address, phone # and email, regardless of my columns in list view. (exactly the way it works from inside a contact)

Platinum Elite Contributor

This is actually by design. If you would like to see a change in this functionality, please post your request on the Share Your Ideas board in this forum and product managers will review.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.