Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CSV Import & Merge with ACT v18 Contact: ACT SUPPORT PLEASE HELP

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

CSV Import & Merge with ACT v18 Contact: ACT SUPPORT PLEASE HELP

I have followed the steps in KB 26828 and data is still not importing.

I am using Windows 7 with ACT pro v18.

There are three columns of data in the CSV file: Contact , New Phone Number, New Extension.

I created new fields and then added to the designer layout.

I've tried several different variations for importing and none seem to add the data.

I've selected the sort/duplicating criteria to sort only on contact name with the understanding

if the contact name  matches in both the source and the destination, the "merge" option will

import the two columns of data (new phone, new ext) into the newly created phone fields and the

Contact column remains the same.

When the above didn't work: I created a new database with my record as the only contact.  The import added the contacts, new phone number, new extension into this test database with the newly created fields.

I then deleted the phone and the ext. numbers which were imported in the step above and left the Contact Name in the database.

I tried to import again the phone number and the ext. and the data did not import.  I had the sort to match on the Contact Name, and if a match to Merge

Thanks for some helpful resolutions to this issue.

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: CSV Import & Merge with ACT v18 Contact: ACT SUPPORT PLEASE HELP

You will be prompted to select the type of import options you desire: Custom to match the fields...

I suggest doing the test before in a DEMO database...

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 9.18.00 AM.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted

Re: CSV Import & Merge with ACT v18 Contact: ACT SUPPORT PLEASE HELP

I spent ages trying to import a CSV file to update some email addresses on existing contacts and it did not matter what combination of options I selected it never worked. It can only really create new records. It never took data from import and put into existing record's field. I think the feature is broken or never worked in the first place. I suspect that it will never get fixed either but hey you can talk to Alexa now and thats what we all wanted !