Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

COM object ActEmailConnectorMetadata error

COM object ActEmailConnectorMetadata error

In cleaning up some disabled add-ins in the Microsoft Trust Center that were giving me warning messages every time I started Outlook I must have accidentally deleted one of the "ACT 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1" add-ins as well. Now Act! and Outlook 2007 SP1 are not getting along together.

The ACT! addin is not showing as installed in Outlook even after uninstalling and reinstalling ACT!.

I can send an email by clicking on the email link in the contact database but a mail  merge will fail until I try to send a non merged email, then they both pop up, but I couldn't send the merged document before closing and saving it in drafts. I don't see ACT! icons in the Outlook ribbon. When I try to setup email in ACT!/Tools/preferences I get an error like the one in the subject on the first step of the wizard and another one "out of index" on the next step and can't do anything with the email setup.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: COM object ActEmailConnectorMetadata error

Did you run Office Diagnostics for Outlook (under the Help menu)?  Also, when uninstalling ACT, make sure you go delete the following registry key, reboot, then reinstall:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\ACTOutlookAddIn.Connect

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.