Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CANNOT OPEN aCT- FAILED TO OPEN A CONNECTION TO THE DATABASE MESSAGE

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

CANNOT OPEN aCT- FAILED TO OPEN A CONNECTION TO THE DATABASE MESSAGE

[ Edited ]

I recently was attacjked by virus.  Can only run that machin Dell desktop w/ windows xp Pro serv pack 2 Act 2007 9.0 in safe mode.  Using detto intellemover able to move files to a replacement machine.

The new machine is a dell desktop Windows XP PRO serv pack 3 just updated.  I installed act 2007 9.0 many times and it will not open at all.  I did move all ACT folders from the old machine to the new and placed in the program files act folder and my documents, where they had been on old machine.

Can anyone help as I need the data....

Thx

Message Edited by marhlc on 09-29-2008 04:19 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author marhlc
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: CANNOT OPEN aCT- FAILED TO OPEN A CONNECTION TO THE DATABASE MESSAGE

I have the same problem not being able to open ACT v9.  I was trying to upgrade to the latest v9 via the web download and it crashed.  Since then I have not been able to load/run v9 successfully on that machine.  Does it have anything to do with virus programs?  I disabled my Kaspersky when loading ACT.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author marhlc
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: CANNOT OPEN aCT- FAILED TO OPEN A CONNECTION TO THE DATABASE MESSAGE

I have the same problem not being able to open ACT v9.  I was trying to upgrade to the latest v9 via the web download and it crashed.  Since then I have not been able to load/run v9 successfully on that machine.  Does it have anything to do with virus programs?  I disabled my Kaspersky when loading ACT.

Thanks.