Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CANNOT IMPORT EXCEL DATABASE INTO ACT 2010

CANNOT IMPORT EXCEL DATABASE INTO ACT 2010

Hello,

I have been tring to import any kind of file into my Act 2010 database, cannot do it.

What I want to do is import an excel file into Act.

Would appreciate if you could help!

Thank you!

Evrim

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: CANNOT IMPORT EXCEL DATABASE INTO ACT 2010

Hello Evrim,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

ACT! 2010 will import either TXT or CSV files, you will need to save your Excel file as a CSV file to import it.  Here is an article with instructions for importing a CSV or TXT file: KB Article 15208

If this does not resolve your issue, please provide more detail as to what is happening?  Error messages, results...

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you Greg!

I had tried CSV before but it was not converted properly. Now it is done.

Thank you so much for your help and support!

Evrim Ozgun

WHEN TRYING TO IMPORT A COMMA DELIMITED TEXT FILE INTO ACT PREMIUM 2010, A VERY WEIRD THING HAPPENS.

THE LIST OF FIELDS TO MAP TXT FILE FIELDS INTO IS SHORTER THAN THE LIST OF FIELDS IN ACT DATABASE. THERE ARE MANY FIELDS MISSING FROM THE LIST OF FIELDS OFFERED TO MAP INTO SUCH AS COMPANY, FIRST NAME, ETC.

THE IMPORTED RECORDS DO NOT SHOW UP IN THE ACT DATABASE ALTHOUGH  IT SAYS THAT ALL FIELDS ARE COMPATIBLE.

INTERESTING THING IS THAT THIS PROBLEM EXISTED BEFORE, AND THEN A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO ALL WORKED WELL.

NOW IT DOES NOT WORK AGAIN..I FIGURED OUT THAT ALL FIELDS IN THE IMPORTED FILE NEED TO BE MAPPED INTO EXISTING ACT DATABASE FIELDS BUT SINCE FIELDS ARE MISSING, THE PROGRAM GETS STUCK.

THIS LOOKS TO ME LIKE A SERIOUS BUG IN THE ACT SOFTWARE.

IS THERE A FIX AVAILABLE TO THIS MAJOR BUG IN THE PROGRAM? I WOULD NEED A SOLUTION URGENTLY!

Platinum Super Contributor

Mapping: When creating your file, it is best to create it in Excel and include column headers to exactly match the field names (right click on the ACT! field to get the correct name).  

There may be an issue with your file: try manually creating an Excel file with just 2 or 3 test rows (and column headers), save it as a CSV and attempt import.  Successful or not?

Greg Martin
Sage

I did what you suggested. File was created in Excel and saved as a workbook file first and then as a .csv file.

When trying to import into ACT 2010 Premium, the following error message came back:

Could not load file or assembly ACT.Framework.DataExchange,outlooksync Version 12.1.181.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken='ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa' or one of its dependencies. Attempt to access invalid address (Exception from HRESULT:0x800701E7)

Version of Excel is 2007.

Can you help solve this problem so taht we may continue working with ACT Premium 2010?