Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CALENDAR INTEGRATION - OUTLOOK AND ACT

Re: CALENDAR INTEGRATION - OUTLOOK AND ACT

GLComputing wrote:
Tom, the fact that you say scanpst worked on your case would seem to verify the conclusion that Outlook is somehow becomming damaged.
Does this always work for you?
How long before you need it again?

Mike - sorry for the delay in responding - scanpst (or scanost in my case) did not work for me, but was recommended by tech support. I had to rebuild my ost file and probably every 3 days or so.
Platinum Elite Contributor

I too can't syc Outlook and Act! Calendars.  With no IT team (lone soldier sales guy) I will be following your lead.

Sounds as if it is not worth the effort.

With just one guy, why do you want to sync ACT! to Outlook?
Why not just use ACT!?

Normally the people who want to sync ACT! and Outlook do it because the corporate uses MS Exchange for their scheduling and this is a way for the sales guys, who use ACT!, to still share their diary with the rest of their company

Because the rest of the world uses Outlook. I thought it would be easier just to update.

I'm still not sure what you're trying to achieve by sync'ing the 2?

It is pretty easy, but seems to just duplicate data in your case
Nickel Super Contributor

Anyone having issues updating Outlook Activities might want to take a look at this kb:

"Activities Do Not All Transfer When Updating ACT! and/or Outlook Calendars"
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=13635

Two other things to keep in mind. If you are running ACT 2007 make sure you have applied Hotfix 3 for 9.0.1 Also, if you are running 2008, make sure you are on 10.0.1

To check your version, go to Help / About ACT

You can find more info about Hotfix 3 in the following kb
"How To Apply The ACT!9013Hotfix.exe (Hotfix 3)"
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=21795

And you can download 10.0.1 by going to www.act.com then going to support/downloads

AJones, thank you so much for the link to the post with the hotfix.  My system was telling me that I had the most uptodate version, this is clearly not the case. I have now for the first time successfully synchronised my work and personal calenders (outlook 2007 and ACT 2007 (9.0 v 9.01.162), this is critical for me as I work partly from home and partly from the office the time saved by not having to input calendar informaton twice to ensure that the information is in my PDA will be greatly appreciated by me and the rest of my colleagues.

Best reards,

Anna
Office / Outlook 2007
ACT 2007 (9.0 v 9.01.162)
Nickel Super Contributor

Anna,

Excellent! I'm glad you are able to sync the two calendars now.

kiddanch wrote:
AJones, thank you so much for the link to the post with the hotfix.  My system was telling me that I had the most uptodate version, this is clearly not the case. I have now for the first time successfully synchronised my work and personal calenders (outlook 2007 and ACT 2007 (9.0 v 9.01.162), this is critical for me as I work partly from home and partly from the office the time saved by not having to input calendar informaton twice to ensure that the information is in my PDA will be greatly appreciated by me and the rest of my colleagues.
Best reards,
Anna

Anna, you might note that Outlook 2007 is only fully supported with ACT! 10