Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CALENDAR INTEGRATION - OUTLOOK AND ACT

CALENDAR INTEGRATION - OUTLOOK AND ACT

ACT Tech support (over 15 hours on the phone!) has not been able to fix my problem. I cannot Sync my Outlook calendar with my ACT calendar.
Any ideas?
John T.

Re: CALENDAR INTEGRATION - OUTLOOK AND ACT

Have you considered exporting to Excel and then importing the Excel file into Act? just wondering.

What version(ACT, Outlook) and what error if any?

As usual, ACT doesn't work.  I have version 2005 (WG) on one computer and 2007 on another.  Neither work as advertised.  The just keeps on comin' with ACT.

No fooling!  I have not been able to sync Outlook with Act either.  What puzzels me is that every once in awhile when I sync i get a double entry which indicates that it is possible. 

Ditto on the problem of downloading ACT to Outlook. I go to Tools and go thru the procees but nothing shows up on the Outlook calendar. John M

Yes

The best thing to do that I have found is to download a program called Doublelook and pay an additional fee for something that should be built into ACT but simply doesn't work as implemented.

What happens as near as I can figure out is that the index files get corrupted. first find scanpst.exe and run that. It should repair any damage to the outlook pst file. Retry to synch. if that solves the problem then put a shortcut to that on your desktop - you'll be using it a lot. If it fails try this - find your outlook pst file - generally in C:\Documents and Settings\"yourusername"\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (or if you are running off an exchange server you may have a local ost file that synchs with the exchange server to allow you access to local outlook info if the server is down). rename it to ******2.p(or o)st and restart outlook. It will create a new file, or if you are using exchange server it will rebuild your offline file. Try to synch the calendar. It's a pain in the butt.
Platinum Elite Contributor

With these questions, it helps if you post a some more info...

Exact versions (Windows, Outlook, ACT!)?
Is Outlook stand-alone or connected to Exchange?
If connected to Exchange, is it locally cached?

What (exact) steps do you use?
Is the problem that nothing happens?
Is there an error message?
Data goes one way but not the other (which way)?
Is there anything in ACT! Log or Windows event Log?
Have you tried a Detect and Repair in Outlook?

If you have spoken to ACT! tech support, maybe posting the case number would help the moderators liase with the phone support people to track down the issue.

Thanks Mike - I am using outlook 2003 connected to exchange and locally cached with act 2008. Act to outlook generally would pass, but outlook to act was either not complete or didn't synch at all. There were no error messages, and I used detect and repair as well as all available database management tools available in ACT. I, too, spent hours on the phone with tech support (along with my IT GUY) and when tech support finally got to the end of their script, they told me it was an outlook problem and they could not help.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Tom, the fact that you say scanpst worked on your case would seem to verify the conclusion that Outlook is somehow becomming damaged.

Does this always work for you?
How long before you need it again?