Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CALENDAR INTEGRATION - OUTLOOK AND ACT

Re: CALENDAR INTEGRATION - OUTLOOK AND ACT

I know that 2007 is only fully supported by Act 10, however I am the only one with 2007 in the office, as mistake by the office manager, when my PC was purchased, however I have 2007 at home and prefer to work on the same system.  what I didn't say before was that no-one in my office could sync between ACT and outlook and everybody else is on 2003
Office / Outlook 2007
ACT 2007 (9.0 v 9.01.162)
Platinum Elite Contributor

@kiddanch wrote:
I know that 2007 is only fully supported by Act 10, however I am the only one with 2007 in the office, as mistake by the office manager, when my PC was purchased, however I have 2007 at home and prefer to work on the same system.  what I didn't say before was that no-one in my office could sync between ACT and outlook and everybody else is on 2003

So they can all sync now?

You might have a look at upgrading to ACT! 2008 if you can...

Copper Contributor

Does anyone know how to make it stop integrating?  I have reminders popping up in Outlook and ACT constantly.  I don't need double the notification and would prefer to turn it off of ACT so if I can't stop the reminders, is there a way to disable the integration?

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the help Mike!  I disabled it totally.  I guess one must just decide which calendar they will use and have it synch that direction so only one calendar is giving reminders.

There are many options and ways to achive different results... because Outlook doesn't have the functionality necessary to just do a straight and reliable sync, there are plusses and minuses of each method.
Copper Contributor

Is there anyway to allow the reminders to pop up in Outlook, but not in ACT?  I don't need alarms going off in both Outlook and ACT.

I suspect any sync would copy the alarm status from one to the other... so if alarms were turned off in ACT!, they wouldn't be there in Outlook
Highlighted

I have to say it appears very easy - but definitely does not work - one of the main reasons we are looking to ditch the program - it is an endless money pit - you can't upgrade office or your OS without it breaking - BADLY and having to pay big bucks to upgrade...

@pfletcher wrote:
it is an endless money pit - you can't upgrade office or your OS without it breaking - BADLY and having to pay big bucks to upgrade...

Well, that's largely an issue with Microsoft...their own SQL Server 2000 (which is used in ACT! 7/8) won't run on Vista either.