Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Business card scanners

Copper Contributor

Business card scanners

I had not visited the ACT addons site in quite a while. It looks like some of the scanners previously sold are no longer there. Where could I find a list of scanners whose software allows for direct input into ACT?

Greater Chicago area ACC
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Business card scanners

Cardscan allows that but only in the non-Premium versions of ACT!  It does seem to have a glitch with truncating phone field data in our experience.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

WorldCard Ultra works and export directly on ACT! Premium versions included.

I have bought it a week ago, and it scans perfectly and the export is ok, just the time of waiting, I had to wait 50 sec, for the export (it doesn't matter how many do you export). Also be carefull because I am testing it for note field exporting.

I recommened it, I bought CardScan, but it wasn't compatible with my ACT! 2010 Premium.

Regards,

Copper Contributor

The issue with the timing get solved when i updated the software. Everything fine now.

Copper Super Contributor

Hello

I bought a WorldCard duet 2 a month ago and it comes with PenPower WorldCard version 6. On their website they specify that it does work with Act and outlook and on the pdf manual also.
But it does not, I eMailed their support and they gave me an update to the software to try, it doesn't work either and since then my eMails to them remain without answer. I had the same problem in the previous years with NeatBusiness Cards which just ignored the upgrade versions of Act. So it annoying to spend money on hardware and softwares that are not keeping the pace with Act upgrades.

I guess that I shall stop spending money on card devices and just key the info into Act

Copper Contributor

This is the most recent thread I could find on here related to the topic of business card scanners.

I've got clients that are looking to purchase one that will work with ACT 2011 Premium.  Anyone have any current scanner model suggestions or ones to stay clear of?

Copper Contributor

I also need info a business card scanner that will work with Prem 2012. Anyone...?
Michael Johnson
First Plan
ACT Certified Consultant
ACT Premiere Trainer
503-221-2020
www.firstplan.com
Bronze Elite Contributor

The latest release of Cardscan provides free synchronization for Premium. In the past Cardscan wanted money for that feature working with Premium this tended to turn people away from Cardscan

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

I'm using a Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 scanner.  It supports ACT out of the box.  I can't say I've used that integration yet, but it's there.  I just haven't done any scanning directly into ACT but the software allows it if that's what you're looking for.

I'm also looking for a business card scanner solution for ACT! 2012.

I saw one press release stating: "Card Scanning Solutions Announces Scan2CRM for ACT! for the new ACT! by Sage 2012 Contact and Customer Management Solution..." , which you can find here: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/9/prweb8834644.htm

Would be nice to know, if it works - if somebody makes the try. I had bad experience some 3-4 years ago with another brand.