Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Business Card Scanners

Business Card Scanners

I was researching business card scanners recently and saw that Neat Reciepts claims it will add a scan button to ACT 2007 so you can scan business card directly into ACT.  Does anyone have any experience with this or how well it works in conjunction with ACT?  Or can anyone recommend a business card scanner that works well with ACT?

Thank you!
Tuned Listener

Re: Business Card Scanners

I need similar feedback on business card scanners for ACT!  I will keep my eye on this board too.  I have been looking into the 2 products listed on the ACT Add-On Product Listings for importing data: http://www.act.com/products/solutions/type/index.cfm?TYPE=app&TYPEID=9

I just got Neat Receipts (mobile). I need it to read and save my receipts, but it scans business cards and documents just fine. Looks like ACT has the Neat Scanner for Business cards as a add-on product. I was wondering if there was some software or procedure to get the two programs to talk to each other so when I scan a business card, I can elect to send it to an ACT contact or create an ACT contact from the scanned data.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Any such addon software would be created by the manufacturer, try contacting them.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Contacted the manufacturer and here's their reply:

Thanks for purchasing Neat Works.  At this time we only have the Neat Business Cards program that is able to integrate with ACT with a direct scan feature.  We do not have plans to integrate our Neat Works with ACT like we previously had the option to do with our NBC.  I can put your suggestion in the pool of requests and if that becomes available we will send you an update for this case.  I can make the suggestion of how to Export our Contacts to a CSV format or a VCard format and then you can Import those items into your ACT following the steps in the ACT help section on How to Import files.
 If you need assistance with how to Export the contacts from our program, please refer to the Help section in our Software and Search for Export Contacts.  This will give you detailed instructions on how to Export to the format of CSV and Vcard.
Thanks,
 The Neat Company.

-Pretty time consuming...I know I won't do it.  I guess that's it for now, folks.