06-05-2009 05:41 PM
I do this every time I do a email campaign.
1. Using a spreadsheet program, add a second field to the list of e-mail addresses as a lookup identifier (I use a descriptive term and the date like testlookup5-9-09) so now the spreadsheet has 2 columns, one with e-mail addresses, and one with the lookup identifier you picked.
2. Save as a comma or tab-delimited text file
3. Set duplicate checking to only email
4. Import the comma or tab-delimited text file into act with the lookup identifier mapped to an unused field in ACT (you may have to create a new field for this, I created one called temp query)
5. Set contact import option if contacts match to "Do not add"
6. Lookup the unique identifier you imported into the otherwise unused field, this will be all the contacts in your database with the emails matching your list.
7. Reset duplicate checking to the setting you normally use.