Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Bulk Linking of Companies to Contacts

Bulk Linking of Companies to Contacts

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have just imported (from CSV) ~ 2000 contacts from ~ 1000 companies.

This seems to have gone fine except for the fact you cannot map fields to ACT Notes particuarly well (another issue entirely).

Anyway, I now have the situation where I have ~1000 company records and ~2000 contact records all of which are unlinked. The only way I can see of actually linking each contact to their correct company is:

10 Press the (...) button in the company field on the contact list,

20 Select OK from the company dialogue to confirm the company name

30 Press Next Record.

40 Goto 10

After spending ~20 mins doing this I suspect I will have severe RSI before I get to records begining with 'E'.

Note: The Company names are *exactly* the same in both the Contact and Company records.

Is there an automatic way of doing this task OR a way of importing that allows the linking to be done at creation?

Cheers

David

*EDIT: Changed thread name spelling*

Message Edited by DavidS on 06-23-2008 06:39 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Bulk Linking of Companies to Contacts

Thanks for this.

I assume then there is no sensible way of doing this within ACT without having to shell out for third party tools?

Cheers

David

Platinum Elite Contributor

Not at this time... I think there are a lot of scenarios that needs to be considered to get it in the core product (eg divisions, attaching or linking, etc).

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.