Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Bulk Attach of Already Sent Emails

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Bulk Attach of Already Sent Emails

Hi, I have read this board and the knowledge base pretty extensively and have not found the answer to my issue, so perhaps the solution does not exist, but nonetheless.  I just set up ACT! 2010 to pull sent/received emails in from Outlook 2003 on my Vista platform.  I set up rules as suggested...one for inbox and one for sent as per the recommendations here and in the knowledgebase.  The one for received emails worked great and updated all contacts with previous inbound portions of email conversations. I have been trying to use the Sent Emails Rule I created to do a bulk attach of about 1,000 previously sent emails to their respective contact records in ACT!, much like the inbound rule, but all it does is attach to my personal admin record and that's it, which is not real useful for tracking the conversation in that contact's record.  It looks like I can click "quick attach" for each individual record in the sent folder, but that seems like the long way home.  Is that the only way to do what I am looking to do?  Thanks... 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author CameronCramer
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Bulk Attach of Already Sent Emails

Thanks, that did the trick.  I remember trying it earlier, but think my email crashed due to resource issues, so I moved onto the next option.  Selecting smaller blocks of emails and attaching seems to work though.  Not a perfect option from an automation perspective, but pretty close.  Thanks...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello CameronCramer,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Actually the Quick Attach will be the way to resolve this delimna.  The key here is that you can highlight multiple emails at a time, they don't have to be done one at a time.  While in Outlook, by holding down the Shift key down you can select a block of emails and then click on Quick Attach.  I certainly don't recommend selecting all 1000 emails at the same time, you may want to try 50 first and if all goes well - move up to 100 selected.

Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author CameronCramer
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Thanks, that did the trick.  I remember trying it earlier, but think my email crashed due to resource issues, so I moved onto the next option.  Selecting smaller blocks of emails and attaching seems to work though.  Not a perfect option from an automation perspective, but pretty close.  Thanks...