Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Building a new tab, please advise!

Building a new tab, please advise!

I am creating a new tab, and I wan tthree pieces of information on this tab.  I want "Project_Number", "Project_Date", and "Project_Title" to be the three fields.  I want the fields to be a number field, date field, and memo field, respectively.  I can just create these in design layout, but I want to add projects as if they were new records.  Example:  You add new opportunities by right clicking and selecting "Add Opportunity".  The fields you enter are the column headers for that tab.  I want to be able to do the same kind of thing in my new tab.  I just want to enter three new pieces of information, and that's all the information I want on that tab.  I created the new tab already, but I have no idea how to add new sub-records to that tab like you can in other tabs.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Kurt

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Building a new tab, please advise!

What you are wanting to do is add a table to the ACT! database. That is possible but you need to be on version 10.0.2 or later and then you will need an addon such as Tablemaker Pro to create the custom table.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I have version 11.0.0.367.  Where can I get this add-on? And thanks for the advice.

Kurt

I apologize for my last question.  I have TableMaker Pro now.  But after I create the new table, can I attach it to ACT! as a new tab?  or how does that work?

Thanks again.

Platinum Elite Contributor

When you create a custom table with TableMaker Pro, it is a new tab.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129