Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Building Map to Excel Fields 2 Problems

Bronze Contributor

Building Map to Excel Fields 2 Problems

ACT Ver 2010

Exchange 2007

1.  I am building an Excel template and then mapping cells to ACT fields.  In the template, I may put an ACT field in a cell, then change my mind and put it somewhere else.  Even if I delete the contents of the old field, with nothing showing in the cell either on the screen or above in the contents line, the data that it used to refer to still shows up in the spreadsheet when I click on "map to Excel".  It also shows up in the new cell that it should appear in.  It's like a phantom image.  Any ideas?

2.  In some fields that are completely empty (I clicked on a cell and tapped the delete key) I will place an ACT field, but when I run "map to Excel" the field name appears on the spreadsheet instead of the contents of the field.  In otherwords " <Custom-name> " will show instead of the company name.  This really only applies to custom field names, not the system names.  I do save the spreadsheet first, but I generally leave it on the screen.  I've also close the template before executing the map command, and it still shows the phantom data.  Any ideas?

As always, thanks to the ACT Forum community in advance for your ideas.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Bronze Contributor

Re: Building Map to Excel Fields 2 Problems

I've working on this all afternoon, and it appears that there must be a file that maps the Excel fields to the ACT fields.  I moved an ACT field on the spreadsheet and the contents of the cell remained in the old and the new cell.  I event tried to put another ACT field in that cell, and it remembered the first field that was moved.

So, I suspecting there must be a file that is collecting that information.  I only hope that it is editable.  Does anyone know what it is?

Happy New Year to everyone -- except Mike L whose New Year's day was yesterday.  (Well at this writing at least)

John Purdy
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Bronze Super Contributor

Could there be an XML file somewhere that Act! is updating as you do your mapping magic?
Bronze Contributor

Thans for the response.  I'm not sure what you mean by an XML file somewhere?  Where are you thinking?
John Purdy
Bronze Super Contributor

I guess the first place to look is in the Act! install folders...

I am having the same problem with mapped fields not deleting.  Did anyone find a resolution?

Has anyone solved this problem?  I have a quote form that we map info from ACT into, but I want to change one cell and I cannot seem to clear the orginal cell.  It continues to populate the cell with the information overwriting what I want now in that cell.  Please help!!!