Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Bugs in the most current version

Bugs in the most current version

Before I consider upgrading I'd like to know what bugs have been found in the current version. I'd still be using V6 if it had support for recent versions of Microsoft Office...

If anyone has had serious problems with the latest and greatest I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Bugs in the most current version

Upgrade before June 1, 2012 if you want to get upgrade pricing.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I was looking for input on bugs, not a sales pitch. You of all people should know about known bugs. As you prefer not to tell me about them then I will rely on true users and not someone that makes money on the bugs.

Copper Elite Contributor

We have been using Act Pro 2012 for about 7 months and have found it to be quite reliable.  Our history with the product only goes back to v2010 (for Financial Professionals then).  Integration with Office 2010 is excellent.  We like it, for whatever that is worth to you.

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP
Platinum Elite Contributor

It was not a sales pitch, it was a warning. I was in ACT! tech support for over 10 years and I am intimately aware of the problems that existed in ACT! 6 and I can tell you that ACT! 2012 any of it's problems ( and all software will have problems) is far more stable and has less faults that ACT! 6.

My point was that as of June 1, 2012 Sage will no longer allow upgrade pricing for ACT! 6 and you will need to pay full price to upgrade. No sales pitch, a fact.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Mark, Your input is appreciated,

Roy,

I have used, and still use since it was released, ACT 6 on another PC that only needs to work with MS Office 2003. I have had zero issues with that version. Moving to ACT 2009 (V11) did not add significant value for me and would still be on ACT 6 if their was an MS Office interface for versions after 2003.

I do not understand what significant issues you ran into with ACT 6. Apparently I do not need/use anything related to those issues.