Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Bug in Pro versions of Act!

Highlighted

Bug in Pro versions of Act!

I just paid $260 to upgrade from v21 to v22 of Pro assuming that this bug would get fixed. It has not. When I add a new contact record, fill out all of the information, then click Note to add a note, the note window appears and I start adding my note. However often what happens in the background is that Act! switches out the newly entered record for an entirely unrelated contact record, and I end up adding my note to this wrong contact record. Very irritating. I can't tell Act! about the bug without a support contract, so all hope is lost I guess unless someone knows of a fix. It does seem that I can prevent this from happening if after creating my new contact record, I move to another record, then go back to my new contact record, then add my note. Thoughts anyone?

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Bug in Pro versions of Act!

Hi Rick:

Based on your question - there may be something else in play.  If you do a look up say Contacts in Calfornia and are working within that look up and then add a NEW contact once you save it you may see a screen that says something like : "The changes you made to this record affect the lookup/sort criteria. To continue working with the record, the ALL Lookup will be restored. Would you like to continue working with this record?"

This is what is happening when it is jumping to another record.  So Enter the new Record info SAVE the record Say YES to the question above and then Create your New Note.  All will work.

This is actually working as designed!  I know - I know - not what you would expect - but not a bug - working at programmed/designed.

-Bud

Bud Rice

Pleasanton, CA

Highlighted

So what usually happens is 1) I look up a partial company name to see if the company is already in Act! 2) this results in a lookup of say 5 contacts and I see that this new company isn't there so 3) I click on Add Contact (and Act! then shows that this new record is 1 of 6 or 6 of 6), enter all of the info 4) then I click on Note to add a new note 5) this brings up the note window 6) I add the new note and then set up a task. Sometimes I get the sort criteria message that you reference, some times I don't. Why is this? Also, you mention SAVING the record. I never save changes ever. I just let Act! save it automatically and 99% of the time I'm fine, except for when the problem happens that I referenced in this thread.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Yes it sounds like you are having exactly the issue I was referencing.  Just save the record (click the save icon) say you want to continue working on the record (you will ONLY get this if there is a current look up you are working with) and then enter the note.

-Bud

Bud Rice

Pleasanton, CA