Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Bug - Act! Phone Country Code corrupted and not changeable

Bug - Act! Phone Country Code corrupted and not changeable

I am syncing Act! 2012 to my mobile phone but I am unable to use some of the transferred numbers as a few have become corrupted with incorrect Country Codes set as 1. These country codes are not changeable by editing the contact within Act! as I get a dialog box as below

Act2012PhoneError.PNG

I have not found any effective solution to fix this, except by creating a completely new record for the contact which is time consuming and rentering all the data.

Does anybody know if this problem been corrected in Act! 16?

Thanks for your help

Re: Bug - Act! Phone Country Code corrupted and not changeable

There's a Knowledgebase article here that may be able to assist you with this issue:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14431
Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Silver Super Contributor

Once you repair the dropdown so that it reflects the correct country code for the country I have an addon that I sell that will go through the entire database updating all of the phone numbers.  Contact me offline if you are interested.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Thank you for the response.

Note If the Country is already listed in the Phone field Country Code drop down list it needs to be deleted before it can be reinserted. This reverses the order of actions in item 4 in the KB article
"
3 Click the Add button. A blank line appears at the bottom of this dialog box.
4 Enter the name of the country you would like to appear in the Phone field Country Code list, delete the one you are replacing, and then click OK to return to your database. Your preferred country name appears in the Country field.
"

This fixed My Record, however, I could not successfully use it on other corrupted records.

The bug seems to affect records created after a certain (unknown) date. To fix the other records I right clicked on the Contacts List View, selected Customise Columns and added the Create Date to the View. I then sorted the Contacts records by Create Date which put all the records in needed to edit close together in sequence. After syncing the database to my phone with Companion Link http://www.companionlink.com/ I edited the records on my phone and then synced them back to Act! on my PC.

To answer my own question upgrading to Act! Pro 16 does solve the phone country corruption problem!