Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

BufferGraphicsContext cannot be disposed of because of buffer operation currently in use

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

BufferGraphicsContext cannot be disposed of because of buffer operation currently in use

Hello,

I have a client that is receiving the "BufferGraphicsContext cannot be disposed of because of buffer operation currently in use" error. This error appears in the report designer and GDI reaches 9999. It appears to be a memory leak. I'm guessing it is a problem with .net and probably should completely remove aCT and then uninstall .net. Before I do this, i wanted to see if this is the appropriate action..

Thanks in advance.

WD

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author iwendlei
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: BufferGraphicsContext cannot be disposed of because of buffer operation currently in use

He did turn off the hardware acceleration. I will let him to update his video driver and if that doesn't work to proceed with the gritty.

To be continued...

I appreciate your prompt response.

WD

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: BufferGraphicsContext cannot be disposed of because of buffer operation currently in use

Have you tried turning off or reducing hardware acceleration?  May also be a bad video driver...you could try updating the driver. If that fails I would go ahead and uninstall/reinstall ACT!, SQL and .NET

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by topic author iwendlei
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

He did turn off the hardware acceleration. I will let him to update his video driver and if that doesn't work to proceed with the gritty.

To be continued...

I appreciate your prompt response.

WD