Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Brand New User -- Please Help

Brand New User -- Please Help

Hello All

I recently Installed ACT! and I am having tremendous difficulties.

It will not allow me to add an activity that has already happened.  Does anyone know how I can add a meeting that happened last week?

Does anyone know why when I add a contact the contact does not appear in the company section as well?

If I were to print all activities how do I print by date or by activity?  Is there a way to filter what I want?

thank you in advance for your help

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Brand New User -- Please Help

Hello Fjd1121,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

- When scheduling an activity on a date that has already passed, you should receive a message stating "date has passed.  Do you want to continue?".  Selecting Yes will continue and create the activity.  If this is not what you are experiencing, please provide some more detail (Act! version, Operating system, steps taken, and any error messages).

- Adding a new Contact does not automatically create a Company record.  There is an option under Tools > Preferences > Startup tab > Company Preferences that will set new contacts to automatically link to an existing/matching Company.  If you are entering a lot of contacts and need to create Company records for each, you may want to look at an add-on called 'Company Wizard'.  Here is a link for more information: Company Wizard add-on.

- For printing Activities, a good option is to use the 'Activities' report.  Found under the Reports > Activities menu option, it has filters for date and activity types. 

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Brand New User -- Please Help

thank you for your help!