Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Body of report is not what I expect

Astute Commentator

Body of report is not what I expect

Using Act 2010 and Win 7.

Trying to just create a report of History or notes, either one is fine. When I go the the reports and choose notes report and select what I want there is nothing in the body of the report, ie no notes or history etc (what I want) when I go to the report editor and go to edit reports and go into the report in question it has the "notes" subreport in there just like I would have expected. Pretty sure it is not user error (me selecting the wrong check boxes under the "general", "notes" and "histories" tabs in define filters.)

Anyone have any idea of what is going on here?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Body of report is not what I expect

It is almost certainly invalid filter settings. Try again and make sure you select all users on the general tab.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Astute Commentator

I can see why you would say this. Under most circumstances I would tend to agree and that is exactly what I thought too at first. I have used reports and have modified reports extensively and have been a long time user so I don't think I am just missing something obvious. Just the same I will list the filter settings I have used.

General Tab:

All users checked

preview checked

current contact checked

Notes Tab:

Notes box checked

Date Range - Left it as current month, tried changing it as well but there are notes for today

All users checked

History  Tab:

History box checked

Email box checked

Attachments box checked

Date range set again at current month

All users checked

Any ideas?

Any chance you are on the My record? If so is exclude My record checked?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Astute Commentator

No, that isn't it, however I did make a change that made it work. If you can tell me why this would be, I would appreciate it.

I have quite a few contacts where I do not have the company name only and the contact name is left blank. I have done this for places like my local Best Buy, TMobile etc where I do not necessairly need/want a specific person, but I want the address and a phone # saved. For this particular report I wanted to do a report of the notes I had taken with a call from the cust support person at TMobile. When I have only the company name in there the report has no info in there, but if I enter a name in the contact name area (which I did) the report suddenly works. It must be thinking that is should be looking at a different contact and thinking that since there is nothing in histories/notes then it produces nothing. 

Any ideas on how this works?

Thanks

Is that an unmodified standard report or is it a customized report?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Astute Commentator

Unmodified standard report