Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Blue Screen when using ACT! with PGP Whole Disk Encryption

Blue Screen when using ACT! with PGP Whole Disk Encryption

My company is pushing out PGP Whole Disk Encryption, and I have found that when using ACT! I occasionally receive the infamous Windows BSOD (Blue Screen of Death).  I get the BSOD maybe twice a week, and it always happens when ACT! is either loading or when it is being restored from an icon.  For me,  ACT! is personally owned software and is not officially "supported" by my company, so it's not something that many other folks would see at my company.

Are other people using ACT! with PGP Whole Disk Encryption?  Are you experiencing BSOD problems?  Any other problems?  If you are running successfully, what version of PGP Whole Disk Encryption are you using?

The BSOD's have occurred both with ACT! 2008 (which I ran up until very recently), and also after upgrading from 2008 to ACT! 2010.

Thanks for any feedback that you can provide.

Dave.

Re: Blue Screen when using ACT! with PGP Whole Disk Encryption

ACT! hasn't been tested in an encrypted environment, so I cannot say what issues you'll run into.  There are a couple known issues using ACT! and disk encryption (unable to open your database or ACT!)  I haven't heard of it causing BSOD.  If its allowed, you can try decrypting the ACT! files, SQL and your database.

So how do I fix the issues with PGP disk encryption (unable to open my database or ACT!). Please help
Bronze Super Contributor

To repeat - decrypt the ACT! files...