02-19-2009 01:35 AM
Every History Summary Classic report I run ends up with c80 pages, even if it's for a days worth of 30 activities, hence loads of blank pages.
I've been into the template and even had a developer look at it, but we can't find where the blanks are coming from, any ideas?
02-19-2009 08:02 AM
03-01-2009 09:45 PM
I am having the same problem as above, when I run the report it shows 10 contacts on 5 seperate pages. I did try first excluding and then including the emails and attachments in the report which made no difference. I then rewrote the report and the result was exactly the same. What did you have to include or exclude fromt he report when you rewrote it?
03-02-2009 09:02 AM
03-04-2009 08:31 AM
02-11-2011 08:30 AM
I don't know if anyone is still monitoring this thread, but I may have found a solution to the blank spaces problem in the History Summary Classic report. It worked for me, so I hope it helps someone else out. PS I'm not responsible if something goes wrong here....please be sure to make a copy of the report before trying this (Report Designer/File/Save As)
In the report designer of your newly saved copy of the History Summary Classic report,
click on the "Detail" section and change the "visible" property to "false"
pull down the "Detail" section so you can left click in there (to select it) and then right click and choose "Edit Report Scripts"
Select all the info you see in the pop-up window, right click and choose "cut"
In that same pop-up window, change the dropdown menu at the top to "On Format" and paste the data back in below it
Click "ok," collapse the detail section again
save and run your report to test it
I still get a little extra space under some entries, but the report is down to a reasonable size and the totals still work. Good luck! ps I'm using ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 184.108.40.206, Hot Fix 1
06-30-2012 07:27 PM
Heyitsanne, thanks for posting that. It was so obvious after I read it that it was amazing. I now have that as my standard history summry report. Now I have the same report as a dashboard thanks to Don, my SQL guru.