Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Blanks in History Summary Classic

Blanks in History Summary Classic

Hi,

Every History Summary Classic report I run ends up with c80 pages, even if it's for a days worth of 30 activities, hence loads of blank pages.

I've been into the template and even had a developer look at it, but we can't find where the blanks are coming from, any ideas?

Regards, Russ

PS: ACT!2009

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Blanks in History Summary Classic

What you are experiencing is a problem with the design of the History Summary Classic report. It is caused by the report processing but excluding from the count, history entries not being counted. Even though they are excluded from the count, the processing of the history entry creates the blank line in the final report. You can improve the appearance some by unchecking the filter option to include attachments in the report. To completely eliminate the blank lines, I rewrote the History Summary Classic report and included it in my package of custom reports.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I am having the same problem as above, when I run the report it shows 10 contacts on 5 seperate pages. I did try first excluding and then including the emails and attachments in the report which made no difference. I then rewrote the report and the result was exactly the same. What did you have to include or exclude fromt he report when you rewrote it?

Please check your private messages, upper right corner of the screen.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy

How can I get a copy of your reports package?

Many thanks

Keith

That's available on our web site www.techbenders.com.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Folks,

I don't know if anyone is still monitoring this thread, but I may have found a solution to the blank spaces problem in the History Summary Classic report.  It worked for me, so I hope it helps someone else out.  PS I'm not responsible if something goes wrong here....please be sure to make a copy of the report before trying this (Report Designer/File/Save As)

In the report designer of your newly saved copy of the History Summary Classic report,

click on the "Detail" section and change the "visible" property to "false"

pull down the "Detail" section so you can left click in there (to select it) and then right click and choose "Edit Report Scripts"

Select all the info you see in the pop-up window, right click and choose "cut"

In that same pop-up window, change the dropdown menu at the top to "On Format" and paste the data back in below it

Click "ok," collapse the detail section again

save and run your report to test it

I still get a little extra space under some entries, but the report is down to a reasonable size and the totals still work.  Good luck!  ps  I'm using ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Heyitsanne,
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Thank you for posting your report customization information.
Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Contributor

Heyitsanne, thanks for posting that.  It was so obvious after I read it that it was amazing.  I now have that as my standard history summry report.  Now I have the same report as a dashboard thanks to Don, my SQL guru.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!