Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Blackberry Synchronization

Blackberry Synchronization

Does anyone know how to sync a Blackberry with Act 10.0
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Blackberry Synchronization

I have been using CompanionLink for a couple of years now with both a blackberry and a Treo. I love it. It works seamlessly in the background and gives you great control over you data. It also allows you to sync Act with Outlook so you can have your data somewhere else. I use the Express version for $49.00 http://www.companionlink.com/products/companionlink.html

I have used Companion Link for about 6 months with success. 

Companion Link is the way to go. Been using it for several years .

If you've been using CompanionLink, you really should give Handheld Contact a go:

76 fields - formatted the same as ACT!
Emails and phone calls made from the device automatically tracked in HHC and ACT!
Wireless sync so that you're up-to-date while on the road
Ability to view and schedule for other users
ACT! activities, notes and history linked to contacts exactly like ACT!
Automatically send any new contacts created in ACT! with activities scheduled for you
Centrally administer 50+ users on the road
Ability to wipe the HHC data from the device remotely if you lose the smartphone

I really feel lost without HHC now.

Companion Link seems to have a serious flaw. I'm using Act 9 with the Vista operating system. Updates and additions I make on the Blackberry Curve do not properly synch with ACT. The names transfer but the phone numbers do not. In fact, it ERASES the number on the Blackberry, transfers the name only to ACT and the number is lost. This happens EVERY time no matter what settings I attempt to use. Very frustrating.

Mike, the Handheld Contact looks promising, but I couldn't find a price for it. So I downloaded it. Free? Cool. No way. $239 for a year is hardly a solution. It's hard to believe the synch option costs more than the actual program. I'm surprised and continually dismayed that ACT doesn't just provide working conduits for at least the most popular handhelds out there. Give us a REAL solution, please.

I look at the price of Handheld Contact as "under $1 per day"... and using it makes me more than that :-)

They also release patches and updates with new functions based on user demand every few months... and there's no additional charge for them

is it possible to have the act! data appear in the traditional blackberry address book, calendar, etc?  when i tried hhc it seemed like i had to use their bb program to view/access those things.

The problem with the standard address book and calander is that activities you create on the device are not linked to a contact and there is no good way to store history.

Also, using HHC phone calls and emails from the device will go into the History as you'd want