01-13-2009 07:15 AM
I did my initial synch and that worked. Then I deleted a test appointment on BBerry and synched. It did NOT erase in Act!
Also, I cannot seem to select a contact on BBerry and make date with it. I can make date but not attach contact to it. Does CompanionLink retain this functionality of Act!?
If not I gotta get another product. Am using latest (november 18) Companionlink software and Act! v.11
01-13-2009 07:31 AM
01-17-2009 02:05 PM
01-20-2009 06:35 AM
I have my CompanionLink synching, but it's functionality is the pits. I know Act! used to synch beautifully with my old PalmPilot. The CompanionLink folks blame the BBerry database structure for why they can't get their stuff to work better with it.
I had resolved to work on paper when away from my computer, then update Act! and push to the Bberry. I've read your posts before and I have a couple questions, if you do not mind.
1. Do you have a business connection to Handheld Contact? That doesn't mean the product isn't wonderful, but it is good information to have. Even if it's your company, if it works, it works. I just want to know if you are connected with them because I see you are a consistent booster of it.
2. Does this product really work like Act? That is, do I schedule appointments with contacts, and does that make the appointment with the contact record in Act! after synch, or my record? Can I use the notes? CompanionLink is horribly defficient in this area.
3. Am I likely to have any issues installing this after using CompanionLink?
Thanks in advance for your replies. The old PalmPilot worked 100% like Act! on the computer did. If Handheld Contact does, price is no object. However, if it gets me 60% of the way there (as opposed to like 20% of the way there with CompanionLink), I'm sticking to just using Act! on the computer and synching one-way.
If I am going to pay up, I want 100% functionality. Anything less, I'll look for an Act! program replacement that works with Blackberry before I'll look for an Act! add-on program.
01-22-2009 04:55 AM
1. I use it personally and provide support to resellers with it.
2. Mostly... certainly, activities correctly link to contacts (even if scheduled with multiple contacts). Yes, you can read and add Notes.
3. No. It uses it's own database. This is how it provides the extra functionality
You can download a trial from that link and have a look. You can't get "100% functionality"... the reduced RAM and display on the device simply doesn't allow it. It's more like ACT! for Palm... better in some ways.
Have a look at this article from my blog on some of the advantages:
01-22-2009 01:18 PM