Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Birthday Query Problems

Birthday Query Problems

I am experiencing birthday query problems.  I have altered the birthday fields because I needed to have a 'his' and 'her' birthday field for spouses.  Now, when I run an advanced query, and use the appropriate fields, "Her Birth Date" and "His Birth Date", the query says that there are no birthdays upcoming.  I know there are, because when I do a search for the same categories and search for "contains data", the birthdays are found. 

Does anyone have any suggestions about why the "Within Last [days]" query is not working correctly?  I need to be able to narrow the birthdays down to the ones that are upcoming each month.  

Thanks!

LF

Re: Birthday Query Problems

Is this an annual event filed or just a date field.  You can lookup annual events by going to Lookup > Annual Events.  You will be able to specify a date range in the search.  If its a regular date field, I would change the field to an annual event.  Be sure to backup your database before change the field character type.  If you don't want to change the field type, then when doing your advanced query, try using Month Equals as the operator.

How to change field character type for an existing field:

- Backup your database by going to File > Backup > Database

- Go to Tools > Define Fields.

- Find the field you want to change in the list and edit the field.

- Change "Select a field data type to convert:" to Annual Event.

- Click Finish.

Re: Birthday Query Problems

I changed the fields to annual events and they work great. Thanks for your help!  Just out of curiousity....is there a way set this up to remind me of upcoming birthdays? Perhaps a way to sync it with my Outlook?

Thanks again.

LF