Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Birthday Notifications?

Birthday Notifications?

I am new to ACT! and was curious to whether there is an easy way to set up notifications of brithdays?  I know that you can go into each individual contact and setup a notification, but I don't know if there is a blanket way to get them all?  Any suggestions? 

Also, is there a way to setup the reminders to synch with Microsoft Outlook? 

Thanks in advance for help!

LF 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Birthday Notifications?

Either use Lookup Annual Event on the Birthday field and add them frmo there.

Or set up a Group with a membership Rule - Birthdate within next 14 days.... and check it each week

The birthdate rule thing works great...  Thank you!
Tuned Listener

I too like the idea of making a group which you print off/look at on a weekly basis. I have created the group, but I am having a problem getting it to see birthdays correctly.
For example, if I put the contact's birthday as 6/30/2008 (within the 14days time frame) it picks them up. But if their birthday is 6/30/1945 it doesn't pick them up. I thought the birthday field was a default "annual event" box. Is there anything else I need to change so that the group will pick up the birthday even if it thinks it is in the past?

Check in Define Fields to ensure it's still an Annual Event field.

What operator did you select in the Group Membership Rule?

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)? 

Tuned Listener

Here is the ACT! info:
ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162
English (Canada)
Sage Software SB, Inc.
It is defined as an annual event. I used the default "Birthday" field that was already set up in ACT!. The only conflict I can see is in the Group look up it calls the field "Birth date" but these field names/look up options have not been changed, as I said I am using the default set ups.
The Group criteria is set up as
Field Type      Field Name            Operator                Value             And/Or
Contact          Birth Date          Within next (days)       7                    End
The only conflict I can see is that it is Birth Date and not Birthday, but why would it come set up this way out of the box? And if that is the conflict how do I fix it so I don't have to reenter in all those birthdays?
Thanks. This board has been very helpful from the beginning of my ACT! Experience.  

I don't know what the differences are in the Canada version - try deleting the rule and re-creating it?