Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Birthday List / Report Creation

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

Birthday List / Report Creation

I'm using ACT! Pro 2011.  I'd like to create a list each month of contact's birthdays. 

How can I do this?

Please advise.  Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author juliansdad
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Birthday List / Report Creation

Hello Juliansdad,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

There are several ways to create a list of current month birthdays.  One way is to use the Lookup > Other Fields option.  Select the field 'Birth Date' and select the criteria of 'Month Equals (number)' and enter the current month.  This will populate the Contact List view with the appropriate contacts which can then be used for running mail merge or sending emails (or other).  You can also use the 'Export to Excel' function to print it off.

Detect language » Hungarian
Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author juliansdad
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Juliansdad,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

There are several ways to create a list of current month birthdays.  One way is to use the Lookup > Other Fields option.  Select the field 'Birth Date' and select the criteria of 'Month Equals (number)' and enter the current month.  This will populate the Contact List view with the appropriate contacts which can then be used for running mail merge or sending emails (or other).  You can also use the 'Export to Excel' function to print it off.

Detect language » Hungarian
Greg Martin
Sage
Astute Commentator

Thanks Greg!

Astute Commentator

Greg, I thought that my problem was resolved, but it's not (yet).  I'm using ACT4Advisors by Allied Financial.  I clicked on file and I saw the Export selection, but I didn't see a choice to Export to Excel.   I see the options to Export to an ACT! dababase or to a text delimined format. 

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Bronze Super Contributor

When you're looking at a lookup list, there should be a "Export to Excel" button on the toolbar.

Alternatively, if you're running a report, then a short article I wrote here shows how to enable the ability to export a report to .xls.

Ben.