Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Birthdates being changed by system destroying ACT integrity

Birthdates being changed by system destroying ACT integrity

I find that when I lookup up a client, the client's birthday is automatically changed to the previous client I was viewing.

This is causing all sorts of havoc.

I have tried checking and repairing the database but this did not solve the problem.

I'm useing Act 2008 version 10

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Birthdates being changed by system destroying ACT integrity

If you haven't done so already, try upgrading to the lastest build and applying the latest hotfix.

Applying the Act 10.0.2 Update

Applying Hotfix1 for Act 10.0.2

Michael Kadlec
Act! Certified Consultant
Corelogix Corporation

Thanks for your help.  I had the act update done but not the hotfix.  I ran the hotfix update but now Act will not even start.

I get a report this error to Microsoft window popping up.

Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

I have this same known problem with the birthdate fields.  I have installed the hotfix and didn't have any problems but it didn't fix the birthdate problem.

When performing a lookup if you there are multiple matches and you select the first contact in the list the birthdate information is retained from the previous contact.

Message Edited by crbaker on 07-01-2008 04:34 PM
Tuned Listener

Hi there,

I think you have corruption in your database.

Backup your database (File -> Backup -> Database) and then do the following database repair routines.

1. Go to 'Start -> Run' and type actdiag (you may need to agree to a disclaimer)

2. On the main actdiag page choose 'Databases' then 'Database List'.

3. Find your database in the list and left click it - putting the little black arrow in the grey box.

4. now right click it and complete the following procedures.

* Check Database

* Repair Database

* Reindex Database

* Database Rebuild -> Rebuild Schema

* Database Rebuild -> Rebuild Security

* Database Rebuild -> Rebuild OLE/DB Report Objects

* Database Rebuild -> Rebuild Sync Objects

***DO NOT do Remove Accounting Link ID's***

NB: If this doesn't fix the problem test with a different database. Do you see the same problem? 

Let me know how you get on.. 

Kind regards,

Cesc 

Thanks for responding.  I'll retry the hot fix.  If this is a known problem why hasn't Sage fixed it.  How can we report it as a BUG.

Dan

Thank you for responding, but no, this did not fix the problem.  Apparantly it is a known bug but I can't find anything in the knowledgebase about it.  Other users also experience it.  I have even uninstalled act and reinstalled from the cd with no impact.

Dan

Thanks for responding.  I still don't have a solution to this problem.  Does anyone know what Sage is planning on doing re this serious bug?

The issue brought up is about 'ghosting date fields'.  In these cases, the 'ghosting' is temporary and not an permanent change from what I've experienced.  A simple refresh will place the proper dates in the field (View | Refresh). This can be affected by hardware acceleration, system resources, layout, number of fields on the layout, etc...