Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Best ways to enter new contacts and companies.

Copper Elite Contributor

Best ways to enter new contacts and companies.

I still find entering new contacts and companies (e.g. from business cards of new contacts) slow and tedious. If I enter the contact first and then 'Create new company from contact', I only get some of the LINKED fields completed on the company record.
If I enter the Company info first, then the contact name, and link the contact to the company, that seems to be slightly more efficient EXCEPT for the screw up (bug) with wrong country codes put on the contacts phone numbers. (See my previous posts).

CAN I make ACT complete all the linked fields on the company record when creating a company from a contact?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Best ways to enter new contacts and companies.

Hi All, I'm still not clear on the answer to the question: What is the best way to enter new contacts (multiple people, multiple office locations, single corporation) and companies? Create NEW Company first and then fill in contact info or create NEW Contact and then fill in company info? After adding this kind of info I would like to be able to view all the contacts under a single company...so far I have not had any luck. Having worked with and loved Salesforce.com for 4 years, I'm now onto a new consulting gig where I've got to learn the ropes with ACT! That's why I could really use your time and assistance. Merryweather PS Do you know how I might contact users of ACT! in the Palo Alto, CA area?
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you want to have multiple locations (divisions in ACT!), easier to create them first, then go to the Company/Division and Create Contact from Company to pre enter the core info and link them

Infinite Thanks, Mike!!!