Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Best practices to record a field for latest activites for custom activities?

Highlighted

Best practices to record a field for latest activites for custom activities?

I find I am communicating with contacts via IM and Voxer, as well as by email and phone.  I've created custom activities for Voxer and IM, and those work fine, and they record history.  However, I'd like to be able to create a lookup of folks that I was in touch with between specific dates (i.e. last week's conversations).  With phone calls, meetings and emails, the system updates the latest activities fields, but no such field options seem to be available for custom activities.  How can I create these fields to be updated for the contact as soon as history is created?  

Or, should I revamp?  and instead of an IM and a VOXER category, should I create more options for 'phone calls', and would these generate the results I want, or within phone calls, will it only update for 'attempt', 'recieved' and "completed"?  

I don't want to create a ton of follow-ups for every contact, but I'd like to review my connections for the week or previous week, to see what follow-up needs to be done.

thanks.

Audrey

Re: Best practices to record a field for latest activites for custom activities?

Hello Audrey,

You may be able to pull this information by using Universal Search. In the top-right of the screen, there is a search bar. You can type the name of your custom activity. For example, if you named the activity type "Voxer", you could type "Voxer" or "Voxer Completed" in the search bar, and it will pull anything in the database that contains "Voxer" or "Voxer Completed". From there you can narrow it down to History records only, and filter it based off of the date that the history was last edited from All Dates, Today, Yesterday, Last 7 Days, or Last 30 Days. If you like, and if you're using Act! v16 or higher, you can create a lookup of the results, which will give you the list of contacts associated with the results of the search. 

I think this might  be able to accomplish what you're trying to do.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

Re: Best practices to record a field for latest activites for custom activities?

Thank you.  Actually, I wanted a list of anyone contacted by any method in the past xx days since I might use voxer today, and then follow up with a phone call, or an IM.  I ended up creating a 'last connection' field and I manually update this whenever I connect with a contact, and I use this field on some of the screens so I can sort by it.  Was hoping there was an easier way than manual updates, but it's working