Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Best Way to Correct Mapped Fields from Contact Level to Company Level

Best Way to Correct Mapped Fields from Contact Level to Company Level

I managed to create a problem by setting up custom tabs detailed with custom content under the client contact level rather than the appropriate company level. Is there a simplified way of transfering the data to the company level with out compromising the integrity of the information?
Bronze Contributor

Re: Best Way to Correct Mapped Fields from Contact Level to Company Level

Hello reisusercb,

If I understand the problem, you have created a number of new fields and placed them on a custom tab for the contact instead of the company.

You might be better off than you think, because you will map the fields to associated fields in the company layout. 

You will need to create a new field under COMPANY for each of the custom fields under CONTACT.  They must be the same type and length.

You will then map the field in the CONTACT to the COMPANY, and voila, you will have the data in both places. 

The reason that this may be a benefit is that the information you collect on the company will also show up under the contact so you will not have to switch back and forth between the company and contact views. 

Hope this helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

Re: Best Way to Correct Mapped Fields from Contact Level to Company Level

Thank you. I am working on it now. That sounds perfect. I will note the solution when I get it done today. Wish me luck. I love the customization options. I should be an expert at all of this in no time!