05-24-2012 10:22 PM - edited 05-24-2012 10:24 PM
Sage Act Pro 2012 I am very new to Act and need to set up my data base(s). I am reading about static vs dynamic and groups and having a hard time determine how to set up my data base(s). I am going to describe how I will use the data base and ask for advise on how to set up, Should I use one data base with groups or multiple data bases and why?
I want to use Act to manage large mailing lists with the following criteria:
1) I have 7 categories, category 1, category 2...
2) The data will mostly be imported form Excel spread sheets
3) Within each category I need to determine which in a series of letters or post cards need to be mailed based on last date
mailed and what the previous letter was. In other words each category will get new contacts each week and start with
letter 1 then letter 2 after a month, then letter 3 after 6 weeks... So on any give week I may be sending letter 1 to new
contacts, letter 2 to some, letter 3 to some and so on.
4) I need to be able to move a contact form one category to another
5) Need to be able to search all the categories with one inquiry. For example I need to find john smith searching all 7
Thank You in advance
05-29-2012 10:39 AM
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
05-29-2012 04:25 PM
I woudl consider using tick boxes and dynamic groups that when you untick it moves them out of the group and when it is ticked they become part of the group