Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Best Practice to ensure contacts are called

SJN

Best Practice to ensure contacts are called

In representing a given product, I want to reach out to certain existing ACT contacts as well as new ACT contacts.   The new contacts could be keyed in at any time.   Therefore, in starting a marketing campaign for this product, I want to reach out to an existing pool of contacts as well as new contacts.   For example, I could have a pool of 50 new contacts that were keyed in over the period of a week or more.  New contacts will be added on a daily basis.   How do I ensure that all new contacts have been called?  The same probelm exists for existing contacts that I have been in contact with in the past.  For  the existing contacts, I know who I want to call.  I want to esure thay have been called.

Appreciate any recommendations - THANKS

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Best Practice to ensure contacts are called

ACT! has date fields for recording the "latest activities" for a contact. (Last Meeting, Letter Date, CallAttempt/Reach etc). These are filled in when tasks on the calendar are completed or when Record History is used.

You could construct an Advanced Query to check the "Create Date" (say within last 14 days) and one or more of the "latest activities" fields (say Last Reach) is empty.

This would return all records that were created in the last x days where the Last Reach is blank (have not been called).

This or a variation would locate the records for you.

Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au
SJN

Re: Best Practice to ensure contacts are called

Thanks Neil,

Really appreciate the info.

Steve