Best Practice to Clear a Call Activity That Did Not Occur

Copper Contributor

Best Practice to Clear a Call Activity That Did Not Occur

Date: 08/05/2017

Environment Is:

1)        Act! Premium Version 19.2.146.0, Update 3

2)        Windows 10

3)        Click-to-Run Update Support - Successfully installed on 07/13/2017

4)        2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4025342)

- Successfully installed on 07/11/2017

5)        Office 365 – Office Update - This product will not be updated.  Version 16.0.4229.1024

Issue:

In wanting to Clear Activity of a Call, the options are:

• Call Attempted
  • Call Completed
  • Call Received
  • Call Left Message

Unlike Clear Activity of a Meeting which has a Not Held option, Clear Activity of a Call does not have a “Not Held” type of option.  Therefore, if I am stood up by a client or if I stand up a client, ACT has no method to accurately record such a possibility.

Question:

Given the fact that ACT has been around for 30 years, ACT presumably has a best practice for us customers to utilize for the likelihood that a customer flat out does not call us for a scheduled call and vice versa.

What is this best practice?

Re: Best Practice to Clear a Call Activity That Did Not Occur

Hi princeedwardh,

This would be a helpful option to have within the Call activity type and would suggest adding it to the Share you Ideas section.

You are able to create custom activity types which would allow you to have the option of say 'Call Not Received' but it would not show under the 'Call' Activity type due to the type not being possible to edit. I have included an article which goes into more detail of creating this Activity type. And hope it maybe something that could be added in a future build.

13870 How to create and manage custom Activity Types in Act!

Copper Super Contributor

Hi,

I usually just mark it as Call Attempted.  That updates the Call Attempt field.  If need be Last Results can be manually updated stating the customer did not show up as scheduled.

As an aside, Call Attempted and Call Reached are the only two I use as they will update the history fields correctly. 

Call Left Voicemail is kind of useless to me as it isn't clear if the customer call me and left a voicemail or if I called them and left a voicemail.  Call Attempted to me implies I left the customer a voicemail as the days of a ring-no-answer or a busy signal are long gone. 

I am not sure if Call Received updates any fields, but Call Completed suffices.  In my world reporting who dialed who is more detail than I need.

Mike

Copper Contributor

THANK YOU!

Yours is a good response.