Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Benefits of CompanionLink and MS Outlook Syncing?

Benefits of CompanionLink and MS Outlook Syncing?

I work in an enterprise environment and need to make the case for a 3rd party add on software like CompanionLink.  My understanding is that if syncing with MS Outlook is a priority then it is the best solution.  From what I can gather from message boards there are a number of benefits.  Can other users tell me whether they agree or disagree with my research?  Are there any other benefits or problems that you have experienced in using CompanionLink?  How do users of CompanionLink like the software?

-Syncing Outlook tasks and ACT To-Dos can only be done with CompanionLink

-Syncing groups of contacts to outlook can only be done with CompanionLink

-The sync process in ACT by itself is unstable and results in missing duplicate appointments.

-Recurring appoinments / or tasks seem particularly problematic

-CompanionLink is real time whereas ACT is not

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Benefits of CompanionLink and MS Outlook Syncing?

I personally found 123Synchronizer ro be far better.

1. All of them to ACT! to-dos (even ACT!'s)
2. All of them can sync groups
3. The built-in sync does cause duplicates, as does CompanionLink. This is the main reason I prefer 123

Thanks Mike!  I just need it to work best and I'm not the expert here.  Great to get your feedback.  Will be checking out 123sync shortly.

Hi Mike,

I have been unable to get my firm to approve 123Sync for use.  Is there a second best option?  Or should I continue to push for 123Sync?  Do you think the new ownership at ACT will improve the sync capabilities with MS Outlook in the near future?

Thanks.

Matt

I'd go with http://bit.ly/Act123Sync ... there are many issues with sync to Outlook that it's unlikely to make it into the core product.

I wouldn't recommenced the 2nd best ... nearly all other ways has issues with causing duplicates
Bronze Super Contributor

As Mike says, 123 Sync. It is simply the best way of doing this.

Ben.

Also BTW: If sync'ing for multiple users ... you can either give it access to the Outlook profiles ... or sync directly to Exchange (if you are running Exchange)

BTW: What's the goal for the Outlook sync? Do you really need it in Outlook? Or are you just wanting it there to sync with mobile devices?

Yes, Outlook is the only approved way to send and receive email for firm monitoring purposes.  And because of that, the mobile access is via the Good App which runs off of Outlook.  Thus, we can not use ACT mobile capabilities at this point because our ACT resides inside of the firewall and can not be accessed.  So it is ACT to Outlook to Good on our Iphones/Ipads.

Matt