Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Being the Admin & not having the rights

Being the Admin & not having the rights

I recently set up ACT 2006.  I am the Admin.  When I orginally set it up, Act made a user out of one of my contacts.  I did realize this until recently.  So I took away all the rights of this user.  When I did this, because Act does not reconize me as the admin-I now cannot change anything including reassigning the user their rights.  I cannot even delete a dupicate contact name or anything because this user has no rights.  Since Act thinks I am not the admin, I can do nothing to alter it.  Is there anyone out there who might know how to fix this issue.  I am the sole owner of this software.  I do not work for a company.  I am the only one that should have any rights. 

I did start a new database, & it is fine, but this one where most of my contacts are located will not let me do anything but look at the database.  Any suggestions???

By the way, I did call support, but without paying for their expertise, no one will help me.

Re: Being the Admin & not having the rights

Hi-
If you import the data from the "corupted" - old data base to the new working one all should be well.
Good luck.
Pastor E.

I did try to import to the new one.  It did not work, because I have no right to do so even though I am the Admin.  The user has no rights and I can not get into it to do anything with it but look at it.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Thank you for your comment. I did look at Help & then About Act.  It is licensed to me.  I am listed as the user and then the Security Role is "Browse".  My other database has the Security Role as Administrator.  So how do I reset it from Browse to Administrator.  "Browse" is exactly what I can do in that particular Data Base.  I know it is something easy to reset this, but I do not know what it is.  It sure would be nice if ACT support would help me out, but they will not without signing a contract a paying them money.  Thanks for your help.  Any other suggestions.  Arnothemoose
Platinum Elite Contributor

As a Browse user, you can do anything... and that explains the problems.

You need to find the user that is set up as an Administrator and log in as that.

This program from Elcomsoft can display users and passwords... you only need the trial to see the user names