Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Backupfix error

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Backupfix error

[ Edited ]

hi,

Having got the documented "cannot insert duplicate key row error 2601" error when trying to backup a particular database, I followed KB article instructions to install SQL Server 2008 R2 SP3, which installed ok, and then to run the Act Backupfix batch file for SQL Standard (on Windows 7, Act 2012 Pro, selecting "run as administrator"). This runs and allows me to input the name of the affected database, but then errors like this:

HResult 0x274D. Level 16, State 1
TCP Provider: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0: A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online..
Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 : Login timeout expired.
Press any key to continue..."

i have SQL services running. Any ideas anybody?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rockdaleorg
‎02-19-2016 06:10 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Backupfix error

Unless you configured ACT with SQL standard you will be running ACT on SQL Express.

If that is the case use the Express repair file.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author rockdaleorg
‎02-19-2016 06:10 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Unless you configured ACT with SQL standard you will be running ACT on SQL Express.

If that is the case use the Express repair file.

Ah you are very wise, that is exactly what the problem was. Silly me, I thought you could just look in Control Panel, Programs, and that it would say Express against the installed version (I have convinced myself that this used to be the case) if it was Express. I assumed incorrectly, looked in the error log instead and the truth was revealed. Thank you, the Express batch file then worked fine.