Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Backup will not run

Copper Contributor

Backup will not run

backup problem.jpg

Hi, 

Looking for a little assistance here. I've recently purchased ACT!2014 (Act! Pro Version 16.0.291.0, Hot Fix 4
English (United States)). I'm running it on Windows 7 Pro with the database accessed locally. I've confirmed that I have the latest update for the program. For some reason, it will not backup. I've tried it several times and have also tried to reboot.  I didn't want to do another install since I don't know what the problem is. I've got a lot of new data on it and don't want to start over again. You can read the error message in the screen shot. It's so far over my head I didn't even attempt to figure it out.

Best,

Ben

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Backup will not run

Hi Ben,

This is actually a fairly common issue, a link to solutions to correct it can be found here:  http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28141

If you do encounter any error messages in the future, I would strongly reccommend searching the error message at www.kb.swiftpage.com

There is an appropriate article for the vast majority of error messages that you encounter.

Of course if you do not have any success with the Swiftpage KnowledgeBase, then the Community Forums are an excellent next step.

I hope you found this helpful.

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

Copper Contributor

Re: Backup will not run

thanks. i didn't think to try the error message itself. i will next time! ben