Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Backup to second new machine question.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Backup to second new machine question.

That's great, Roy!  Thank you so very much!!

http://act.com/support/downloads/sage-act-pro-2012/ shows me that for my 2012 program there is one upgrade from 2011 and seven Hotfixes for my US-based program.

I assume that I need to install the Upgrade first and then just the final 7th of the 7 Hotfixes for this to proabably work, correct?

Also, if it turns out that I actually needed to instead have installed the Hotfixes in sequential order after all (1,2,3, etc.) how will I know that is the case?

Wow.  This is tougher than completing graduate school!  Maybe I will need to pay you to help me set up a Sych once this part is done after all.  

In any case, thank you for your patient assistance!!!  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Smith - Act! Hotfixes are cumulative so just need to install latest ie. 7 whatever.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hmmm.  As I look at the size of the 7 Hotfixes I see the first at 10,844 KB and the 7th at only 52 MB.  So with each Hotfix the size decreased and I somehow susect that the 7th one was only a small tweek.

I'm guessing that it is probably necessary to install those Hotfixes in order, all 7, to get them right.

Does that make sense?  Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Ah!  I'm an idiot.  52 MB is a heck of lot larger than 10,844 KB!  Smiley Embarassed