02-02-2012 09:19 AM
I received a virus a few months ago and have since been unable to backup my database. I have tried to manually do it and nothing happens. I also do not have the disk for this program as I ordered it online. In the last month, I have also been unable to synchronize emails that have been coming in and being sent along with my outlook calendar. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix these problems? Here is the version of ACT that I have: ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 188.8.131.52, Hot Fix 1
02-03-2012 06:35 AM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!
The first item to address is making a backup of your database. Until the issue is resolved, use these steps to create a backup: - Close ACT!
- Click Windows Start > select Run (if XP)
if Vista/Windows 7 > use the Search field
- enter 'services.msc' and press Enter key
- on Services screen > locate 'SQL Server (ACT7)'
- right click on it and select 'Stop'
- browse to folder containing database > copy the files associated with database (ADF, ALF, and 'Database Files' folder) to a safe location (do not move the files, just copy/paste them somewhere else)
- on Services screen > right click on 'SQL Server (ACT7)' and select 'Start'
- once started > you can open ACT!
To see if the program installation is damaged, open a different database (or create a new Test database) and attempt to back up.
For the Outlook integration, it may be that the ACT! address book has been removed from Outlook, or that the ACT! add-in has become disabled. Review this article for troubleshooting steps: KB Article 23022