Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Backup fails

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Backup fails

I am running Act! Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0, Hot Fix 4 on one machine.

Windows 7 OS

When I go to backup, I get: the attached error message.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author wieb
‎08-09-2016 03:12 PM
Administrator

Re: Backup fails

This is an error with Microsoft's SQL Server that hosts the database for Act.

Fortunately, there is a knowledge base article on this with some fixes that should be able to help!

See Here:

Error: "Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'....

A quick summary of the steps most relevant to you:

• Head to that article and download the Act_Diagnostics_v17_2.exe file at the bottom (this version of Act Diag has the tools to repair the database)

• Ensure Act! (and any other programs that use SQL) are closed

• Open the downloaded ActDiag exe and go to Databases > Database List then select your Database

• With your Database selected, go to the Actions menu and run "Syscommittab repair" and follow through the wizard to completion

• Launch Act! and try to run the backup again

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author wieb
‎08-09-2016 03:12 PM
Administrator

This is an error with Microsoft's SQL Server that hosts the database for Act.

Fortunately, there is a knowledge base article on this with some fixes that should be able to help!

See Here:

Error: "Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'....

A quick summary of the steps most relevant to you:

• Head to that article and download the Act_Diagnostics_v17_2.exe file at the bottom (this version of Act Diag has the tools to repair the database)

• Ensure Act! (and any other programs that use SQL) are closed

• Open the downloaded ActDiag exe and go to Databases > Database List then select your Database

• With your Database selected, go to the Actions menu and run "Syscommittab repair" and follow through the wizard to completion

• Launch Act! and try to run the backup again

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much, Jon, for the clear instructions. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I thought I was going to have to move off Act. 

The process ran for over 24 hours, and then I figured it had hung... but it had done its job. I can now backup successfully, and a repair works too.

You are the best!