Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Backup fails

Highlighted

Re: Backup fails

Okay makes sense on the back data although I should be fine. My C drive has 765GB free of 970GB available and the external is about the same. Last successful backup is only 13GB.

I found the local Temp folder. It only had 4 files of 16KB each and 2 empty folders. Can't delete one temp file with 0kb says it's in use by Microsoft Office Document Cache Sync Client Interface.

Thanks! I will try one more backup now and see what happens.

Highlighted

Did all the above and no luck. Same error message. Anything else?

Highlighted
Employee

Are you logged in as the administrator? And the database folder does it have full permission? Can you check on these information's for me
Highlighted
Employee

Can you send the exact error... Like may be even a screenshot.... Cause the xceed error will have an specific error after it like file in use or unable to locate or no permission to file... It would be really helpful if u can send the exact error
Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

There used to be an issue with backing up if the amount of available disk space on your computer was too close to a multiple of 4GB.  The easiest way to fix it even though it seems strange is to copy a big file like 1GB to somewhere on the C drive.  If you still have the Act! folder in the root of the C drive try copying and pasting a copy of the folder in the root of the C drive and then try your backup again.

I agree with the other post that the exact error message would help.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Highlighted

Here's a copy of the last error message:

Screenshot (22).png

When I look for these files / folders I do not have any AppData\Local\Temp folder I can find.

Yes I am logged on as the administrator.

Possibly the folder Act is sending the backup to on my C drive is an issue but unsure how to even find it.

Over the years I had to have Act staff remotely fix issues after Act crashes and it seems I have a lot of duplicated files in various locations. Could that be an issue?

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Try going to %sappdsta%.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

Please go to the run command and open %appdata% and check if the location mentioned in the error is available and accessible. And check if there is any files in that location as the error says.

Highlighted

Thanks, yes there are folders there for various program files. Act has one with a temp attachment folder that is empty. I see the "AppData\local\temp" folder now too. A handful of files in there but can not delete as it says I need administrative status or they are open in COM Surrogate. I am the only owner and administrator. I ran some C Disk Clean up programs today and will try another back up later tonight.

Highlighted

Another failed backup and just a different Tmp file name in the AppData\Local\Temp folder that is not there.