Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Backup Problems

Tuned Listener

Backup Problems

I recently came to Act 10 from Goldmine. I transferred all of the history, e-mails, attachments, etc using Migrate Admin.

What I found was that in the migration process what started out as 7,000 attachment files in Goldmine grew to over 100,000 in Act. I have been told that this is because it is an SQL program vs a database program.

One of the impacts is that the attachments folder is so large I have been unable to get through a backup. It takes 15 hours to get about 2/3 of the way through. At that point because I have to use ACT I'll stop the backup.

I have deleted the partial backup zip files, turned off virus protection & turned off Carbonite while I have tried to backup but it still takes way to long.

Act technical support solution is to  cut the attachments folder and paste it somewhere else, backup and then recut & paste the attachments folder back into ACT.

I've done this & it works but obviously isn't a very good practice or long term solution.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks 

Todd

Re: Backup Problems

Only way around it is to reduce the amount of attachments.

You can delete old data older than a number of days on notes/history.  That will also delete the attachments if they're linked to notes/history.

Tools -> Database Maintenance -> Remove Old Data