Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Backing up data base in 2012

Backing up data base in 2012

i have been running Act 2012 for 5 months.  Now i can not back up my data base. I get an error message 2601.   Anyone out there that can help.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Backing up data base in 2012

[ Edited ]

Here is an article which addresses a 2601 error, be sure that the rest of the error matches what you receive: KB Article 28141

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Hello,

One of our remote users is getting this message when he is trying to sync to the main database on my machine. I don't know if I should try the steps in the knowledgebase article listed above or not. If so, do all the remote users need to run this patch? I don't know if other remote users would have this problem or not when trying to sync. I thought I should figure it out before they try.

We did upgrade to ACT 2012 a few months back, but the remote users have done a successful sync since then.

Thank you,

Amy

Amy,
You will want to run the batch file on all workstations with a remote and on the server hosting the main database.
Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Thanks Greg. 

I have since had two other remote users sync with no problem.  Do I still need to have everyone run the batch?

Thanks,

Amy

Yes. You will want everyone to run the file.
Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

The article references Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2, but when I look at the Database Information is says: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - Express Edition (64-bit).  Does it matter that R2 isn't mentioned?

That is fine... it won't show the R2 designation. The Sage ACT! 2012 install files include and install the R2 version.
Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

That worked great.  Thanks for your help Greg!

I have the same issue and tried to run the temporary fix (run as administrator).Unfortunately, the database is not listed as an option when running the file. I tried to type in the file name..but it says "Login failed for user". Any thoughts?