Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Background image/color on default ACT! 2008 layouts

Copper Contributor

Background image/color on default ACT! 2008 layouts

I'm trying to configure a new ACT! layout to use the same background color that is on the default ACT! 2008 layouts. It's obviously an image or a gradient rather than a color that can be selected from the layout designer's color palette.

Anyone know where to find that for reuse? I don't want to have to recreate all my fields on the existing default layout, as I have a highly customized layout with 300 custom fields imported from a previous version.
Best Regards,

Chuck

Re: Background image/color on default ACT! 2008 layouts

Chuck I had the same problem and took me a while to find it. The file is a jpeg called layout gradient. On my computer, I found it in program files/Act/Act for windows folder. Do a search for layout gradient and you should find it. Hope this helps. Brian
Copper Contributor

Thanks! I found the file - it's a long thin strip, which would be easy to expand as a background in HTML - can't figure out how to make it expand across the ACT! layout, though?
Best Regards,

Chuck

Chuck, I am using 2006 so it might be slightly different, but there is what I did to make mine cover the whole layout Open Layout Designer Select View, and open up your properties window. The properties window will show up on the right in layout designer. Click on anywhere within the main contact in the layout (don't click on a field or text box). In the properties window, there should be an Image Option. The options available are: Normal, TileImage and StretchImage. You probably have Normal selected. If you select TileImage or StretchImage, it will cover the whole background in 2 different ways. Let me know if it works. Brian
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]
Thanks - I was trying to add the image and stretch it, but instead you need to use the View>View Properties window to add the image to the PanelDetail item (or individual tab details) and then AutoTile it. Got it!

Message Edited by ECSI on 04-10-2008 03:38 PM
Best Regards,

Chuck

Cool, Glad it helped. Brian