Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Back and Forward Buttons Always Grayed out

Copper Contributor

Back and Forward Buttons Always Grayed out

My 2011 toolbar's  back and forward button is always grayed out. It seems like a great new feature, how do I get it to work?

Copper Contributor

Re: Back and Forward Buttons Always Grayed out

I noticed that there is a little pop up over the back and forward buttons that says "button disabled in MDI mode"

What does this mean and more importantly, how do I enable it?

Platinum Super Contributor

The Back and Forward buttons will be disabled when you have chosen the Preference to  'Open Each View In It's Own Window'.  This option is enabled/disabled through the Tools > Preferences > Startup tab.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting.  That fixes it!  Thanks!

Unfortunately I like seeing multiple Act windows open at the same time.  Task, Contact, Calendar etc,. so this feature is unavailable. 

Too bad, it would be a nice way to cycle through previous views.  Perhaps the developers will find a way to enable this feature for all of us.

Employee

[ Edited ]

Since the view is no longer changing, the back/forward button don't have anything to go 'back' to since the view is still open.

However, you can use CTRL+Tab to cycle through tabs that are open, it's unidirectional, but still allows you to cycle through open views without having to take your hands off the keyboard. This same short cut also works in browsers with multiple tabs open.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the tip.

It kind of works, I wish it would also cycle through the previous contacts as chronologically viewed in the contact window